A Great First Class Petty Officer
by First Class Boatswain's Mate
A Great First Class Petty Officer should be able to:
* Accomplish origination * Give direction
* Authorize work * Solve problems * Complete tasks
* Train others
* Provide, Safety, support and structure, understanding
* Instruct the team
* Over come, Adapt and Conquer
* Help others in trouble * Assist the team
* Lend an ear
* Add to the back bone of the command
* Praise in public/Scold in private
* Endure the Seven Seas and the field
* Leadership * Give encouragement.
I have been shot at and missed,
shit at and hit.
head of camp security,
set-up and take down and comfort
Crawled through the mud, blood and beer
Days without sleep
Stood BMOW during crises time
Expert marksmen with most weapons,
NAM and more.
I stand with PRIDE,
HONOR and COURAGE.
I accomplished this and more
and was signed off on all.
Now, I am a Retired First Class Boatswain's Mate,
I have one task or mission I have not been signed off on
or endured, conquered, mastered, overcome, exposed or adapted to.
The emptiness in my arms, heart and soul
Of the LADY I LOVE all so DEAR.
Though miles away I yearn
She is My Love, My Mate and in my Soul